The heart disease has become a major problem all over the world. Especially in UAE, 30 percent of deaths are due to a heart attack. A few years ago, only older adults used to suffer from heart disease. However, it has changed shockingly and heart-related ailments are increasing among individuals in early 20s as well. Various types of heart diseases including stroke, heart failure, myocardial infarction commonly known as heart attack, hypertensive heart disease come under cardiovascular disease.
Facts and Reasons of Heart Disease in UAE
It needs to be seen why people in UAE are more prone to heart diseases. Let us look at some heart disease facts and statistics in UAE. These facts discovered after extensive research by experts throw light on the reasons for heart diseases.
- In UAE, about 30 to 70 percent population is suffering from cardiovascular disease.
- It is also observed, 20 percent of the adults smoke. This is ultimately contributing to growing heart disease in UAE.
- Another important reason behind increased heart disease risk is lack of exercise. Nearly 37 percent of people of UAE do not exercise.
- The ratio of people dying because of heart disease is extremely high. Out of 100,000 people, 300 die from cardiovascular disease.
- The people from UAE suffer the first heart attack 10 years before an average South Asian person.
- Based on extensive research surveys, doctors advise that people between the age group of 25 to 30 years should have regular preventive health checkups, which will help in identifying diseases at an early stage. Many preventive health checkup organizations offer special heart checkups.
Heart Disease Prevention Tips
Heart disease is rising at an alarming pace and needs to be addressed on different levels. A few essential precautions need to be taken by everyone irrespective of age. Even if you are below twenty-five of age, you should start taking care of your health. Let us see what can be done to prevent heart disease.
Control Your CholesterolThe cholesterol plays a crucial role in heart related ailments. High cholesterol causes clog in arteries and increase the risk of a heart attack.
Maintain Your WeightIt is essential to maintain weight within a suitable range according to your height and age. Being overweight can lead to heart disease; it increases the risk of high blood pressure, diabetes, high blood cholesterol etc.
Have a Healthy DietHaving a healthy diet is always advisable. It will fulfill the requirements of your body, provide you all the necessary nutrients and lower the risk of heart disease. Eat fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains and stay away from junk food.
Start Regular ExerciseHaving a regular exercise like walking, jogging, swimming, cycling can decrease the risk of heart attack. It will keep your weight maintained as well.
Give up Smoking and DrinkingStaying away from unhealthy habits helps to reduce the risk of heart disease and enhance the quality of life.
Keep your health track through regular health checkups. Consulting an expert would assist you to identify symptoms and take the precautionary measures immediately. You are important for your family and your health is precious. Fill up the query form to take up Essential Heart Checkup and live a healthy, long and peaceful life with your loved ones.
In order to have a fit and healthy life, you can contact us by filling up this query form. It will help you get in touch with us.